A Psalm

Psalm 45:1
"My heart overflows with a pleasing theme;
I address my verses to the king;
my tongue is like the pen of  a ready
scribe."




I love this verse. It reminds me that in everything--every single moment of my life, I need to be ready to speak, say, and do everything that God prompts my heart to do.

I also love the adjective describing us, the scribes--ready. Are we ready? Have we given our all to Christ and asked Him to lead us by His Spirit? Are we in total surrender to hear that still small voice, listen, and obey?

"Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace." -2 Peter 3:14



"Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, 'You shall be holy, for I am holy.'" -1 Peter 1:13-16

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." -Romans 12:1

May our hearts ever overflow with a pleasing theme, and may our tongues ever wait, ready to speak whatever God would touch them to say!

Blessings and Love,






P.S.
Happy November, everyone!!

Comments

  1. I love the Psalm! I never remember reading that before! Our tongues are ready; our hearts are overflowing with a pleasing theme!
    Thank you for sharing!
    <3 Lydsi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments; they make my day!! ♥