Aug & Sept & Oct in Review + Have You Ever Considered How Great God Is?










I'm realizing that I haven't done an end-of-the-month post since July...? I guess I should have more to say in this post then, covering three months instead of one. We'll see. ☺

August//September//October


  • the eclipse (we got somewhat of a good view--such strange lighting outside!!)
  • did my sister's and my cleaning job alone for the 1st time--aka cleaned an entire house in about 4 hours...alone...
  • was photographer for a double graduation, which was a great experience
  • Rodeo at a nearby town, so lots of people rode their horses close to our home (I believe our road is on their 'trail' as they go to the rodeo, which is fun to see every year)
  • attended a Nicole Nordeman event
  • went to an ice-cream social
  • met a family that just moved into our neighborhood
  • our washer broke down, so we made lots of trips to the coin laundry while waiting for a replacement part
  • worked at a nearby orchard, helping to make cider
  • helped a friend work up her apples
  • ^^twice ☺
  • 1st day of Autumn!!!
  • played a grand piano for...the 2nd time in my life?
  • discovered a nature park & visited it 2-3 times
  • pizza at grandmother's
  • attending a friend's wedding shower
  • out with grandma & my sister for lunch
  • a great-grandmother's funeral
  • officially got my driver's license!
  • went out with a sister & got fries w/gravy, and blizzards from DQ
  • Harvest!!!
  • bulk food store & Aldi hauls—40 honeybuns, 30# of hamburger, 23 heads of cauliflower, 50# of potatoes....
  • worked cauliflower
  • worked cauliflower
  • and more cauliflower ;)
  • attended a big daddy weave concert
  • missionary friends from Mexico visited


BOOKS


The Giver by Lois Lowry
I can't recommend this to just anyone, as there were portions I found could have been written in a more appropriate way. I am glad that I read it, however...it was extremely thought-provoking. Though written over two decades ago, Lowry attacked many of today's social issues in a creative and masterful way, prompting the reader to active change.




The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
VERY interesting....I don't see a need to recommend this, though I can't say that it was bad. A stuffed toy's journey from spoiled and arrogant to loving and grateful. Only slightly thought-provoking, and overall a quick read. Was it perhaps written for an 11 year old? Maybe that's the reason I feel the way I do about it.




The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
Little rough getting into it...I couldn't seem to understand it well. But the more I read, the more I liked it, and the better I understood it. :) Not for everybody, but overall, a good read.




Roses for Mama by Janette Oke
A re-read--a heart-tugging story of a brother and sister who are raising their younger siblings after their parents have died.




Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss
Read my full review here 





Love Comes softly series (eight books)
I enjoy re-reading these every now and then. ☺



Looking back in my journal, I found an entry from August 22 that I wanted to share. How often is it that we think of God's might? Sure, we know He's mighty, and we memorize verses that mention it...but what does that look like, really? Here's the entry:

How great is Your might, that you can carry...
...the grumblings of Israel (Exodus 16:8b)
...the rejection by Your people (1 Samuel 8:7b
...the failings and WEAKNESS of Your creation (Matthew 25:31-46)
...the reproaches of those who reproach me (Romans 15:5)
...the sufferings and persecution of Your church for all time (1 Peter 3:17)
...my death, my sin! ME! The worst of sinners! You have borne it up upon Your shoulders (1 Peter 3:18; Matthew 27:27-50)


...And yet I cling yet more to my sorrow, my burden, my pain, my sickness, my cares...when You have already carried them all. (1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 55:22, Exodus 23:25, Deuteronomy 7:12-16 & 1 Kings 8:37-43, Matthew 10:1, Luke 12:22-31, Matthew 6:25-34, Luke 21:34, Deuteronomy 1:31)



Well, that's my attempt at summing up three months of life! It reminds one of how fleeting life is, doesn't it?

I hope you've all been enjoying this year's autumn!!!

Blessings and Love,
Georgie Grace

Comments