Stepping Heavenward || A Review

Hello, All! I'm back, and I have a recommendation for you (because everyone needs to be notified when a wholesome book is discovered in this world). One of my older sisters received Stepping Heavenward as a birthday gift six years ago, and that's about when I read it for the first time. Let me tell you, though...I got a lot more out of it this time around. ☺

Stepping Heavenward was written by Elizabeth Prentiss in the 19th century, and was set in the same. It is written as the journal of a girl named Katherine. In reading, we not only follow Katherine from her sixteenth birthday well into her adulthood, but we are also able to see her spiritual growth--her struggles, her temptations, her triumphs, her secret sorrows, her discoveries--her journey to knowing Christ as her personal Savior and surrendering her life to Him.

When I read it so many years ago, I don't remember it impacting me much. (I'm sure I was merely reading it for the story line, which was also very good; however, as I've grown, I've learned to read for more than just the plot. ☺) Whereas in these past few weeks as I've been reading, I've discovered I have much in common with Katherine--similar personality & temptations & thoughts & struggles. Katherine is a realistic and relatable human being. ☺

I found Stepping Heavenward filled with insights for young ladies who seek to live Godly lives in the present age, despite being written nearly a century and a half ago, and I would highly recommend it for everyone!

Blessings & Love,
Georgie Grace

Comments