A Bookish Tag



Hello, everyone! Today marks the first-ever tag done on Grace Notes. Yay!!! Emily tagged her readers for 'A Bookish Tag', which is why I'm even doing this. ☺ Definitely check out her blog--I've linked her site to her name above!!

Rules:
1. You must be honest
2. You must answer all the questions
3. You must tag at least four people

Here goes!

1.Which book has been on your shelf the longest?
I think that might be "F is for Freedom". I got it for Christmas one year when I was really young, and kept it in a little purse my Grandpa had brought back from one of his trips to Haiti. I remember unzipping it, and wafts of peppermint would reach my nose, because I kept a candy cane in there, too. That was a long time ago. ☺

2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you'll read next?
I just finished the book of Deuteronomy this morning, am currently reading "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23", and am thinking of reading either Janette Oke's "Seasons of the Heart" series...or a Jane Austen novel next.

3. What book did everyone like but you hated?
I can't think of any that I disliked but that everyone else raved about...the ones I don't like, others don't seem to like either--Janette Oke's "The Bluebird and the Sparrow", for example. I don't think anyone in our family who read it enjoyed it. There was such a friction between the sisters that could have been cleared by clear communication, and some prayerful intervention by the mother.

4. What book do you keep telling yourself you'll read but you probably won't?
Now that's hard to say. I still have hopes of reading certain books, but how can I know if I never will? I've been trying to be more intentional this year about finishing the books I start, but I guess there are ones I haven't. There's "The Secret Mission" by A. Van der Jagt. Don't know when I'll pick that one up again.

5. What books are you saving for retirement?
I'm not intentionally saving books for retirement, but "Uncle Tom's Cabin" might fit into this category.

6. Last page: read it first or wait until the end?
Wait until the end!

7. Acknowledgments: waste of paper and ink, or an interesting aside?
Acknowledgments are necessary in every book! Although I rarely read them, when I do, it seems to uncover more deeply the heart of the writer.

8. What book character would you switch places with?
Briana O'Toole from Viking Quest, because--Ireland. But I'm happy to be who I am, so that's only if I were forced to trade places. ☺

9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life?
Yes--A collection of Jane Austen novels--high school graduation. An ESV Illuminated Bible (insular-type art inside) for a birthday. A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 from a dear friend. The Seasons of the Heart series from myself ☺ which have a fun story behind them. And probably many more. ☺

10. Name an interesting book that you acquired in an interesting way.
Well, I could tell the story of the Janette Oke books above--I had ordered them online, and the day they came, my little brother had gone out to get the mail. It was a very cold, snowy, windy day, and on the way back from the mailbox, my little brother dropped almost all of the mail in the ditch & in the road because it was so cold and windy. His birthday card and my books were all that made it to our house. ☺ So Mom had to go back and collect all the mail, including a pair of prescription glasses that she found in the road. ☺ It's a good thing we don't live on a busy road, or the glasses would have been ruined. But---my books made it!! ☺
Or there was the time my sisters and I went to a garage sale and it was one of those sorta sketchy ones that have a sign pointing to the back of the house? We decided to proceed, and did get a thing or two. As we were leaving, I decided to go through their free box, and I found a copy of Spurgeon's "Morning and Evening" devotional. It had a very strange note on the blank page in the front, so that was interesting, as well. ☺ But I love the book!

11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
I gave a copy of "Then Sings My Soul" (a hymnal with stories behind the songs) to a friend because I knew she would like it. Then there are books that I plan to give as gifts, but I'm not going to mention them in case the recipients should read this. ;)

12. Which book has been with you most places?
My Bible, for sure.

13. Any required reading in high school that wasn't so bad two years later?
Not that I can think of. ☺ I pretty much always enjoyed the reading portions of my school. Plus I got to choose my books for reports, so obviously I wasn't going to choose unamusing books!

14. Used, or brand-new?
Both! I like the crinkly, stuck-together pages of a new book; but there's also something about an old well-loved book whose margins are filled with notes and whose pages are dog-eared and compliant to your every whim.

15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
Nopety-nopety-no.

16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
Not that I can think of right off the top of my head. I usually find it to be truer the other way around.

17. Have you ever read a book that made you hungry (cookbooks included)?
Yes. I like books that are realistic and mention food. Like...can you seriously go through the whole book without eating anything!? And actually, I haven't eaten lunch yet, so I'm hungry now....but I'm happy writing, so...lunch can wait.

18. Who is the person whose book advice you will always take?
My mother, my sisters, and a few close friends.

19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g. outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
Um...I don't normally read sci-fi, because...sci-fi, but I did like Found and Sent by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I can't recommend the rest of the series because I haven't read them all, and I didn't like her Shadow Children at all. I couldn't even get through chapter one of book two. That series might fit into question number three.

Well, there you have it! Tell me what you think!! I'm going to tag anyone reading this. And if you don't have a blog, post your answers in the comments; I'd love to hear your answers! Thanks again to Emily!

Blessings & Love,
Georgie Grace

p.s.
did anyone notice anything about the picture above? try hovering ;)

p.p.s.
can't believe i forgot to mention it...but hey! i have a new blog design! there, i mentioned it. ;) it was time for something new, and i'll just use the excuse that october marked one year of grace notes by georgie!! woot-woot!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments; they make my day!! ♥