What It Means to Me





















You know,
I was thinking tonight
about a very special part of
who I am.
A big sister.
To me, that's a lot of things.

It means
cuddles at bedtime,
rocking in a rocking chair,
whispered I love you's,
and wisped and curly hair.

It's both
laughter
and tears
and shared hugs
and fears.

It's
messy, ruined t-shirts
from too many spilled drinks.
It's
dirty, mud-caked hands
from making mud cakes on bricks.

It's
pj's and
pb&j's (and
sometimes just pb's).

It's
crocheted scarves and
crocheted shawls and
matching shoes and dresses.
It's
humor at the little things--
the garbled phrases and messes
which turn 'mascara' into 'mustard',
and makes laughter out of 'fesses.

It's grimy fingerprints
on freshly washed windows.
It's paint dripped on the floor,
the chair, the hair, the clothes.

Though it's loud,
it's fun,
and so what if tempers flare sometimes?
There's snickers over Snicker bars
and laughter over tea,
and I can't imagine any friends
closer than my siblings and me.

It's lots of other things, too.
Blessings and birthdays
Bedtime prayers
Texas sheet cake
Coloring and drawing
"I'm sorry"
"I love you"
Making music
Pancakes
Fuzzy socks
Knee-high socks
Any socks
Blankets & Cozies
Movies & Oldies
Band-Aids & Kisses
Hersheys of sis's

At least...
That's what it means to me.

Comments

  1. Beautiful, Georgie. Simply beautiful.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...this may just be my new fave! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! You have captured so much in this, not the least of which your beautiful spirit. Your brothers and sisters are blessed by you...as am I. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom. It means a lot. ♥ We're so blessed to have you!! I love you!

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh I LOVE THIS GIRL! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments; they make my day!! ♥