Senior Year || Five Things I've Learned

 



I saw everyone else doing posts about everything they've learned their senior year of high school and thought, Hey, why not? (I'm also doing this to celebrate finishing high school-literally-TODAY!!)

I thought perhaps, though, I shouldn't solely talk about things I've learned from my senior year. Because I think that usually things aren't learned just in one year. Oh, yes, we may come to realize those truths that year, but really, hasn't God been showing and teaching us these our whole lives?

Well, here goes!














1) God is the most important part of every day.

Each and every day. It's so easy to become caught up in the busyness of school, work, correspondence...things that we feel are "important". And while that's true--they may well be--I've learned that the most important part of the day is to set aside a time for prayer and Bible reading.

"Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night." -George Herbert


It's a great idea every morning to thank God for His steadfast love (see Psalm 92:1-2), and ask Him to order your day. And at night, thank Him for His faithfulness (Psalm 92:2) This is how, if something seems to 'get in the way' of your plans, you can trust it to your Heavenly Father, knowing that He's ordered your day and that His way is very best!












2) School's LIFE'S not all about getting the best grade or getting all the work done as quickly as you can.

It's about learning. I know that seems like, well, duh, but I really think this applies to more than just school. Life's not about comparing and competing with everyone else (or yourself, a lot of the time). It's about doing the best you can to the glory of God, and leaving the results to Him. We should learn from Jesus. Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

"A flower doesn't think of comparing itself with the flower next to it; it just blooms."











3) Family is such a significant part of your life.

Dad, Mom, sisters, brothers--God's placed those exact people with you to grow your character and teach you lessons you never would have learned otherwise. Did you know that in nature, screech owls have up to six siblings which trigger each other's instincts, allowing and enabling each to learn life skills much sooner than if they were on their own?

So the next time you think you're about to lose yourself in your own life, pray...and think again! :)















4) Godly friendships are gold.

This is true of both sisters as well as sisters in Christ. They're the kind that stick by you thick and thin, rain or shine. They make for some of the best prayer partners, and you can always count on them to bolster you with shared Scripture. Plus, they probably know some of your most embarrassing or horrifying moments--and they'll be quick to defend you after they're done laughing with you about them. XD












5) Outlets for your creative passions aren't as scarce as I once thought.

One of my favorite Scriptures says this: "Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act." (Psalm 37:5)

Truly! When I needed an outlet for writing, God gave me a blog. When I needed advice in photography, God provided a wonderful person to teach me. When I needed inspiration, God inspired me, and is continually giving me something to celebrate. When we didn't have access to a library, God showed silly me the library right under my nose. I don't even know how many authors and books I discovered in my own living room!! (Narnia, Ishmael, & Self-Raised, for examples.)

So often we forget to entrust our cares and desires to God. But every time I have--and more often when I haven't--He's blessed me more abundantly then I ever imagined! I'm often reminded that "His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts than our thoughts". (see Isaiah 55)

I would really encourage you to keep a 'Prayers and Answers Journal' for this one. If you write your prayer, and the date you've begun praying for it, you can write how and when it was answered. God often mentions in His Word to think over the things He's done in your life. (See Psalm 143:5, Psalm 107--especially verse 43!--and Deuteronomy 8) Looking back on these things inspires humility and praise toward our Heavenly Father.

Well, I hope you've all gleaned as much as I did out of this little post. It's been fun rambling. :)

Blessings & Much Love,
Georgie Grace

Comments

  1. This may be my favorite so far! I am so proud you and I love what you've "learned". I'd consider that very successful! Congratulations!!! I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom!! I think it's one of my favorites, too. ☺ Love you, too, and thanks for sticking with me all these years. ☺ You're the best teacher ever. ♥

      Delete
  2. Georgie... I LOVE this post!!! It is AMAZING! The pictures are beautiful and the things you learned are so impactful! Thank you so much for sharing!! You are such an amazing example of growing in Godliness and grace and you are such an encouragement! I love, love, love this post!!
    And, CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATING!!! I cna't wait to see all that God has in store for you and how He is going to use all the things that He has taught you!!
    Love you and thank you again SO much for this post!!
    ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! This is an encouragement to ME. Thank you. ♥ Love you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments; they make my day!! ♥