Presently || for When It's Hard to Wait
















































I feel like I've been writing up a lot about futures and waiting and trusting and listening to God lately...but oh, well, here's more. ☺

Our family was reading in Numbers this morning, and a verse stuck out, so I'd like to share it with you.


Numbers 2:2, "The people of Israel shall camp each by his own standard, with the banners of their fathers' houses. They shall camp facing the tent of meeting on every side."


The whole context of this verse is that in chapter one, a census is taken of the warriors of Israel, and how the Levites were exempted for the census; and the rest of chapter two is on how God wanted Israel to set up camp.

The camp was to be set up with the tent of meeting in the center, and the clans of Israel all around it...but, did you catch it in verse two? Israel was to face the tent of meeting on every side.

WHAT!?

Even in wartime (which was what the camp setup was being described for in this verse), and even if their enemies were all around them, to obey God would be to have their faces toward HIM, and their backs toward their enemies. And they would have to wait for God to tell them to get up and turn around.

Interesting, huh? I think it applies to us, too.

Big things or enemies or whatever may face or surround us, doesn't matter. We are to look to God always, be still and know He IS God, and wait for Him and His direction.

"But, God," we say, "I have a really big decision to make."
Look at Me.

We're like Peter again. "Uh, Jesus...the waves??" (and by the way, what would it have been like to have a wave crash over you while you're standing on the water with Jesus???)
Look at Me.

"But the deadline, LORD. It's tonight!"
Look at Me.

"I've sinned too much. There's no way you could love me."
Jesus on the cross says, "Look at Me."

I think the woman in Luke 7:36 had it when she anointed Jesus' feet, ignoring the jeers and disdain and disgust around her. She was precious to Jesus, and she poured herself out for only Him.
Look to Me.

I've been considering this a lot lately, especially being unsure about tomorrow and the future and decisions, etc. I know how hard it can be to trust God, and to look at Him when it feels like a war is going on all around you (and there is one). I know how easy it is to feel like you're going to miss the future God has planned, but that's just a lie from Satan. If we're looking at God and paying attention to His voice, even when He's saying 'Be still' or 'Wait' or 'That's not MY best for you', we're not going to miss anything.

So we don't have to try and grab at everything that comes are way, scared that one of them might be God's will...
Look at ME.

I like how this excerpt from Janette Oke's book, Love Takes Wing puts it:


"God," she whispered, "I'll need your leading. Your direction. I want to do the right thing--an' I trust you to let me know just what that might be. Oh--not all at once--but step by step. Help me to be patient with what you have for me now--an' ready to move on when you give me a nudge. Don't let me rush the future--but help me to claim it." Belinda breathed deeply, at peace with herself. "An' thank you, God--for a future--for the knowledge that you have it all in your control." -Janette Oke, Love Takes Wing

So that's what I've been thinking about lately, and I hope it's given you something to think about, too. That when the swirling world around you screams look at this, listen for God, whispering--


Wait.
Look to ME.


Blessings & Love,
Georgie Grace

To Read {link}
To Listen {link}

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." (Isaiah 45:22, KJV)

"Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other." (Isaiah 45:22, ESV)

"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" (Psalm 46:10, ESV)

Comments

  1. So beautifully true! You are doing an inspiring job of "looking at Him"! I can't wait to see what He has for your future but your intentionality in living fully in your present is most definitely honoring to our Savior! I'm so proud of what you are letting Jesus do in you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, I appreciate your words. I have been thinking about similar things today. I was having worried thoughts about a situation and I just realized, "Wait, God is so much bigger than this. He is in control." It's so easy to forget that in the fearful moments, but it is always good to listen to His gentle nudges and turn to Him. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing, Carolyn; that really blesses me! ♥ Know you're not alone!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments; they make my day!! ♥