FAITHFULNESS IN 281 WORDS || Featuring the Photo Talents of My Friend Sam!



“But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.”
Isaiah 43:1-2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've heard of people saying, “If I were God, I'd end wars in this world” or ask, “What's the first thing you'd do if you were God?” But honestly, I can't even stand up on my own two feet alone, let alone carry all the problems of the world in my two hands.

But God's been teaching me about faithfulness. About being faithful in everything. If you're like me, you're tempted to look at all of life and get overwhelmed with all that's left to be done in this world, in your life, in your work, in your school, in your home, in your relationships, in your spaces. And when I look at all that, 'everything' looks a little difficult to manage (and let's be real--we can't do it).

Last night God put it on my heart to make out a list of areas that required my faithfulness. So I started doing that, making a list of rather broad categories like “Laundry” or “Devotions” or “Bedroom” or “Desk” etc. I also asked myself, “Is there anything sapping my time and energy that needs to be cut out?”

Then I began a second list—action steps for the next day based on the list I'd made before; specific things like “Put clothes away”, “Make bed”, “Finish thank-you notes”, etc.

This has really helped me to refocus my attention to the things required of me, instead of trying to take on responsibilities that don't belong to me, or getting frustrated at what's not done yet. I can lean in close to God, and ask Him to open my eyes to what He wants ME to be faithful in. Then it's time to act!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to do this with me?
How do you handle overwhelming schedules?

Blessings & Love,
Georgie Grace

Photo credits to my friend Sam and a shoutout for her beautiful photography!
More to come in future posts!!

Comments