Hershey's Chocolate Syrup






Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup

 ½ C packed cocoa         1 C milk
 2 C sugar 1/8 tsp salt
 ¼ tsp vanilla extract

 Directions:
 1. Whisk cocoa powder and milk together thoroughly in a large saucepan.
 2. Heat and whisk to dissolve the cocoa. (Medium-low heat)
 3. Add the sugar and stir/whisk to dissolve. Be sure the sugar has
    dissolved before continuing on, so your syrup is not grainy.
 4. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Be sure to watch this VERY
    carefully in case it boils over.
 5. Remove from heat and stir in salt and vanilla.
 6. Let cool completely and skim off any skin that may have formed.
 7. Pour into a jar and store covered in the refrigerator.



This is literally making my mouth water just writing it up! My sister made this, and it turned out AMAZINGLY. Didn't taste quite like Hershey's---more like brownies (which I'm not complaining about). It even had the consistency of brownie batter after cooling, and if it weren't so rich, I could eat it by the spoonful even though the richness didn't stop me. XD

Let me know if you try it!

Blessings & love,
Georgie Grace


P.S.
Thanks for bearing with me while I took photos, Mom and  Twi Ki!

Comments