LOOK TO HIS HAND

 


Psalm 123:2, "Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he has mercy upon us."

Isaiah 66:14b, "...and the hand of the LORD shall be known to his servants..."

Psalm 27:8-9, "You have said, 'Seek my face.' My heart says to you, 'Your face, LORD, do I seek.' Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation!"

Isaiah 45:19, "I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, 'Seek me in vain.' I the LORD speak the truth; I declare what is right."

Jeremiah 29:13-14a, "You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD..."

Hebrews 11:6, "And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."

...

A maid looks to her mistress' hand, knowing directions will come. Living in watchfulness. In anticipation of commands to come--knowing they will come.

Sometimes this means watching the hand, waiting for an instruction you know will come.

Sometimes it is doing a command without being told, because it has been spoken in the past. Because it can be trusted and obeyed in anticipation of the Master's pleasure.

A servant will watch their master's hand for provisions--both daily needs as well as wages. A good and faithful master will provide well and just when needed.

It is a pleasure to serve a good Master who is faithful and keeps His promises--who does not trade or change as kings of the earth. I can dwell safely, securely, carelessly under the care of my Master.

The Master is superior. I am subservient. Though I have on many occasions acted faithlessly, He has continually extended mercy.

Such a good Master. My hope is in His name. (Psalm 124:8)

...

I find in Psalm 123:2 and Isaiah 66:14b that God's commands are to obey and seek His will. God also says He will REVEAL that will to His servants who seek Him.

God, You are an active Revealer to those who are active seekers. 

(Read Psalm 27:8-9; Jeremiah 29:13-14a; Isaiah 45:19; Hebrews 11:6. All written above.)

Blessings and love,

G

Source: personal journal entries June 19 & July 11

Comments