Whose Heart Do You Hold? || Farewell for Awhile












Held
What does it mean-
when a heart is held?
I think I've seen that before.
Someone is vulnerable
enough
to bare their soul
before another--
their dreams
sorrows
struggles
victories
pain
weakness
brokenness
joy
confusion
happiness.
That's the giving of a heart.
And that's trust

So, whose heart are you holding?
Did you know you were?
Your brother?
Your sister?
A friend or two or three?
Think
harder.
I think you'll find
you have
you are
you do.
Someone trusted
you.

And what are you doing with that heart?
Holding it tight?
Or is it about to drop?
Do you
pray over it?
Invest in it?
Rejoice with it?
Sorrow for it?
Build upon it? And into it?
Comfort it?
Stay with it?
or do you
forget
it's even yours to hold?

Because
isn't every heart
meant to be held? Loved? Known?
Aren't we meant to 'bear each one another's burdens'?
Because sometimes
our own hearts are too heavy to bear alone.
And I've not lived long...
but I've seen the beauty of growing friendship
sharing their hearts
and praying together
or a new friend finding a safe place to let go
But I've also seen people
pull away and hurt alone
or give their heart away to someone they shouldn't

But of all those I've seen and felt,
I've only met One
Who holds hearts the best-
One Who doesn't forget.
Who invests in
loves
comforts
guides
frees
intercedes for
carries
walks with
gives of Himself to
preserves
restores
woos
and cherishes
every heart He's ever been given.
He's careful
and kind
and faithful-even when you
aren't that way back.
He's not pushy...more draws you in.

And that's what I've been thinking about lately:
Whose heart are you holding?
And who's holding yours?

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.” -Proverbs 4:23

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
This post is goodbye for a little while—January through March to be exact. I'm going on a mission trip starting in a couple of days, so this may be the last posting on Grace Notes for a couple of months, and I wanted to be sure and let you all know that. (keep posting comments, though! Blogger will save them until I get back, and I'll be sure and reply to them then!!) I'm going to miss this, but I'm excited to see what God has in store for me on this trip. I'm continually finding the truth of Isaiah 55:8-9, which says, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

I pray you all discover this truth for yourselves, that going our own way may seem pleasurable for a time, but Christ is all in all and the only worthy pursuit in this life. God has a plan to fulfill in each and every life, if you'll let Him! “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” -2 Corinthians 5:17

May the LORD bless you!

Blessings & Love,
Georgie Grace

Comments

  1. WHOAH. 0.0 THIS WAS SOO BEAUTIFUL AND INSIGHTFUL AND AMAZING AND JUST WHOAH. <3333 I've actually never even thought of it like that, the way you put it all was amazing and a real talent. <333
    Aw, we'll miss you!! Where are you going for the mission trip?? I want to go on one so bad, ever since I was young. :) I would love hearing all about it when ya get back, have fun, and share LOVE!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Paige! It's all God's talent...I wouldn't be anywhere without Him. He is faithful!
      I'll miss you all, too! I'd rather not say where I'm going over the comments, but I'd love to email you when I get back and tell you all about it, if that's alright with you! :)
      Thank you for your encouragement and all your comments, Paige; you've spread joy all over blogger through them. :) Keep shining for Jesus! ♥

      Delete
  2. Grace... LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much! Very thought provoking and convicting! Love you and can't wait to see what God does through in this trip!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Not-So-Anonymous. ;) It's exciting, isn't it? God's going to do great things through you; He already has! I love you, too!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is a beautiful poem! Love it! Hope your mission trip goes well also. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! The trip was very good--we got to experience God at work in a lot of amazing ways. ☺ Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. This was something I needed to read today. Beautiful words from a beautiful girl! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments; they make my day!! ♥