July || A Review








In going through my blog reading list, I noticed someone had done a July recap. This made me realize that July was about over and I needed to get something out there, too. ;) Funny how that came to me.

(and the reason that the pictures are mostly blur and fog this month, is because that's the way life is sometimes--but it doesn't take away the beauty)

Books:

 
(re-reads, and yes I recommend all of them)

Happenings this Month:

*attended a wedding (and met a sweet girl there who shares my name)

*took a break from violin lessons for the summer

*visited some friends who live a few hours away...we hadn't been to their house for about four years, so it was a very nice visit ☺

*played music and sang at two local nursing homes. At one we did an Independence Day theme--we took homemade ice-cream and apple pies for the residents; and sang patriotic songs and hymns, as well as 'old time' songs like "Daisy, Daisy", and "Blue-Eyed Elaine" (the last song was per the request of one of the ladies there, who told us her father named her for the song ♥) I met a very sweet gentleman on that visit, as well. We sat and he told me a bit about his school days and stories from his years of serving in Germany. I have a very special place in my heart for that old veteran.

*sweet corn season! (I don't eat it myself, but it's fun to watch it come in, and to shuck)

*apple season is beginning at the nearby orchard

*celebrated a sibling's birthday

*wrote a poem in free-verse:
Will I remember?...
Irish tea in
flowered teacup and
striped saucer
Will I remember?...
rides in the PT Cruiser
with you
sweet little love
your smile
'cause we rode with
the windows down and
the music up and
we loved one another's company
like
only sisters really can
Will I remember?...
The way
your hair looked
after it got wet
and the drying strands
were high-lights of
undyed gold
Will I remember?...
Using thin chalk
on walks of grey--
we brightened them
with our names
and stick figures...
and I love how
you wrote your
name
and put a little hat
on top of each letter
tongues of chalk
holes for mouths
Will I remember?...
That way--
You smiled at me
Trusted me
Wanted to be with me--
LOVE ME
Will I remember?...
Because I so want to--

there are those
"Kodak Moments"
that only
memory
can capture...

*reading Romans
*learning, always learning new things about everything (who says you have to be in school to do that?)
*ORGANIZED MY DESK AND IT LOOKS FABULOUS I JUST CAN'T FIND ANYTHING
*and many other things that I just can't recall at this moment!

Also (I guess this is a good spot to mention it), I'm the photographer at a VBS beginning on the 31st...and I'm super excited about it!

Things my siblings said:

little brother to Mom: "Do you know why ice is so important? Because it's so cold, it makes water cold."

me to little sis: "Do you want to see my blog?"
her after I pull it up: "Is this your blob?"

me to little bro after he washed his hair: "Mmm. You smell good."
him: "That's because I used soap."
me to me: do you not normally...?

baby sis, pointing to a water tower: "A waterfall!"

Rediscovered

...my favorite poem on the face of the planet (pretty sure)

Little Things
It's just the little homely things,
The unobtrusive, friendly things,
The "won't-you-let-me-help-you" things
That make our pathway light--
And it's just the jolly, joking things,
The "never-mind-the-trouble" things,
The "laugh-with-me, it's funny" things
That make the world seem bright.

For all the countless famous things,
The wondrous, record-breaking things,
Those "never-can-be-equaled" things
That all the papers cite,
Aren't like the little human things,
The everyday-encountered things,
The "just-because-I-like-you" things
That make us happy quite.

So here's to all the simple things,
The dear "all-in-a-day's-work" things,
The "smile-and-face-your-troubles" things,
Trust God to put them right!
The "done-and-then-forgotten" things,
The "can't-you-see-I-love-you" things,
The hearty "I-am-with-you" things
That make life worth the fight.
-Author Unknown

Well, I'll let that be all for now, though I'm sure I'm forgetting something; but as a wise little girl once said: "the sun has gone to bed and so must I" ☺

Blessings & Love,
Georgie Grace

Comments

  1. Ohhhh I love your poem! Lovely post, girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much and I LOVE you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so fun to read! Your poem is absolutely AMAZING. like wow XDD
    We also go to nursing homes and sing! We haven't for awhile, but I hope to soon! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige! Oh, isn't that just the best place to play music? It's such a good way to exercise 'serving the least of these'. We haven't for awhile either, but we want to go back soon!
      Thanks again for your comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments; they make my day!! ♥