June: A Review





























Another month has flown by! It seems like just yesterday I was typing up a May review post, and now here we are, the last day of June 2017.


Read

Image result for the locked cupboard lamplighter book cover
The Locked Cupboard by Amy LeFeuvre. A delightful book to read. It follows four sisters as they experience and overcome real-life struggles and come to know Christ as their Savior, their Defender, and their Joy. I definitely recommend this book!!

I've also been reading Morning and Evening Devotions by C. H. Spurgeon. They are amazing!! Another one I'd highly recommend. Other than those two, I've sadly been neglecting my reading habits.

Doings

\\I began June by going to a homeschooling conference, where a friend and I played background music for a collective 25ish minutes. It was a great experience, and I met lots of lovely people. ☺ There are some places I play piano where I feel like, "Wow. This is where I'm supposed to be." Not for the rest of my life, mind you, but in the moment I realize that God really blessed the opportunity. I think the two places I've sensed that the strongest were at this conference and at a local nursing home where we play every now and then. It's those places that are the most joy-filled--the places where God puts you not to put on the perfect performance, but where He uses you as a conduit of His praise. Those places are worth looking for.

\\Visited a local nursing home. We played music and sang (hokey-pokey included--which was a blast!) We also took flats upon flats of flowers from a nearby greenhouse and potting supplies, and helped the nursing home residents plant them. It was such a blessed time, and every time we go it passes so quickly.

\\Attended a friend's wedding shower. The wedding is tomorrow!

\\Continued violin. It's been keeping me busy, despite the 'country fair band' falling through. I've been introduced to third position. Yikes.

Things My Siblings Said
Some of these may be from May, but they're so cute, I just had to share. ☺

\\Little brother shows me a truck he's made out of Legos.
me, admiring: "Oh, the doors even open!"
him: "That's what doors are supposed to do."

\\While digging outside...
little bro to little sis: "That's not China. That's just a little hole."

\\little brothers walk into my room...
little bro #1: "Hey"
little bro #2: "Hey"
me: "Hey"
#1: "Your room looks worse than ours."
#2: "Yeah."
*they walk out*
me to me: "Okay, then."

~.~.~.~.~

Short post, lots of pictures...pretty much sums up this June. ☺ Hope you had a lovely sixth month of the year, and here's to July!

Blessings & Love,
Georgie Grace

Comments

  1. Love this! Your photos are goals, girl! <3 I am so glad you had a wonderful time playing background music at the conference! Love you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks so much for the encouragement! It WAS a wonderful time, and such a great experience.
      I love you, too!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this post so much! I literally laughed out loud at the conversations! :D I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Weren't they funny!? I love you, too!! ♥

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments; they make my day!! ♥